Monday, October 30, 2023

Authors' Read-Only Trains - no reviews

A new site, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1294959771183741, is my contribution to the Authors' Trains network. I have five trains on there. I started each one with one of my own books. Some of these books may not be incredibly popular, but hopefully with some publicity I'll get these trains off the ground.

In general I have found reading trains and review trains very useful and it has been a good place to meet people. Most of my best friends are indie authors like myself who have to struggle to get any readers at all. In an abstract sense, another author is not the kind of reader you really want; it's better to have someone who will pay cash on the barrelhead for whatever you write. But you have to start somewhere. And if some authors out there know who I am and what I write, that's better than nobody.

Some people find it depressing to be out there trying to rustle up "better than nobody" when they know that what they really want is out there but hard to find. Well, we're all kind of feeling around in the dark here. I could spend money on Amazon ads but I've found even that to be difficult, an art I have to master in order to be successful, whereas if I can get one reader anywhere to read and comment, that's one, and I've made some progress.

Come join me. Hopefully someone besides myself will be on there soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

change of direction

I have always had the luxury of being able to write whatever I've wanted to write. That's because I worked for over thirty years as ...