Sunday, January 21, 2024

Finding Your Audience

Laura Lyndhurst. Finding Your Audience, Books that make you think blog.

I love Laura Lyndhurst's novels, and now she has a blog that is for indie writers like us. I can guarantee all her work but this one is one of my favorites; it made me laugh and I remember it days afterward.

In a way I recommend it because she has made a blog that I originally intended this one to be like. I wanted an edgy way to communicate to indie writers and I wanted to be on top of the trends and things that are happening in the world of self-publishing. But I have to limit my scope and do what I can do and I've realized that what she's doing, and what I intended to do, is a huge amount of work. I'm not sure I'm up to it in this stage of my life.

Another reason I highlight this post is that it speaks to my biggest problem. If you think about it globally, being a successful writer is finding the people who will get the most out of your writing and pass the word along to others. This post offers an interesting take on the dilemma. I think you have to look at a problem from many different angles in order to truly find the best way of tackling it. This post is an inspirational way of tackling the problem.

For us indie writers, it's not easy to get out there in the faces of people who might read our work. We are not like the big publishers who seem to have a built-in handle on where those people are. But actually I don't even believe my own stereotypes here, because in my heart I think that we can find them, and that to some degree the publishing industry is as much in the dark as we are when it comes to going to the places (tiktok? reddit?) where our potential audiences might be hanging around.

I highly recommend Laura Lyndhurst's blog and anything she writes. I have found her to be highly professional and her blog is an example of high quality in general. It's something for me to aspire to, as well as admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

change of direction

I have always had the luxury of being able to write whatever I've wanted to write. That's because I worked for over thirty years as ...