Friday, October 27, 2023

Amazon ad advice

I'm enjoying recent forays into Self-Publishing Support Group, a useful facebook site, and I picked up some advice that I thought was interesting so I thought I'd document it here. I went back to try to find it, who said it, when, etc., and couldn't find it, so it'll have to just go as undocumented. It stuck in my mind, though, so I thought it would be best to just write it down.

What the guy was saying, and he said it in a comment, was that when you run Amazon ads, you have to just shell out for a lot of money over a long period of time. The reason for this is that you have to give Amazon a chance to see who your ads work with and who they don't. It can only do this if it has plenty of time to work with. So, according to his advice, any ad buys for less than a few weeks are just wasted money. Amazon has the computers and the data to figure out what it's doing, right as it's doing it, which is impressive to me. But it makes sense, if you think about it. Amazon wants you to succeed too. But it can't do it if you only give it a few clicks to work with.

I like hanging around with people who use this stuff. I've been shy. I'm waiting for my next book, and hopefully I'll have some cash on hand, and will be able to fling it around a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

change of direction

I have always had the luxury of being able to write whatever I've wanted to write. That's because I worked for over thirty years as ...