Monday, June 13, 2022

covers

I put these up here because they are experimental. Also I am reflecting on a couple of things I've been told: "A cover should mean something. It shouldn't just be random pictures or a still life where you can't quite tell what it is."
"You should be able to recognize what it is and what it says right away. If you can't catch it at a glance, you'll just move on to other covers."

These were both said by my sons, but I lend them both credibility anyway; I think they're right, to a degree. It's set me back, to a degree, though. Some that I thought were pretty good aren't quite up to those standards.

I am, however, producing plenty of covers. And I will share them and continue to, as, being able to have them up on this blog is one way of seeing whether they will make it or not. I may be replacing them on even another round, soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

change of direction

I have always had the luxury of being able to write whatever I've wanted to write. That's because I worked for over thirty years as ...