Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Authors - want a #betareader?

I've been doing read marketing for a while and know that it's good - I see a wide range of work of different genres, and in return I get readers. All my readers are authors, ok, but I'm not in a position to be picky. I've been an indie writer for about ten years but only serious about promotion for about one and a half.

Here's my offer: I will betaread your book for either reads or for money. If you choose money you will send me an Amazon gift card - it's all going back into the business.

If you choose reads all you have to do is read some of mine, slightly more than I'm reading of yours. I don't ask you to make any comments or judgments. All that is optional. Same with review. You don't have to. All you have to do is read.

For my part, there are all kinds of comments I can make. I taught grammar for thirty years, though I'm not in the habit of being critical about it. I know my grammar though, I want you to know that. I am not great at knowing what sells in any given market although I'm catching on to that pretty quickly. And I'm versatile - I read in every genre.

I expect you to come up with any specific questions you want answered, and also to tell me if there's something you don't want me to chime in on.

The best way to reach me is through e-mail. I will respond to all offers.

And don't worry about this "Best of Indie" thing. I'm not the best of indie. I just like the sound of it, and like talking about all things indie, as I myself am 100% indie, and find myself paying the price every once in a while. Overall though it's a good life. We have to support each other and can't pass up the offer of a hand once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

change of direction

I have always had the luxury of being able to write whatever I've wanted to write. That's because I worked for over thirty years as ...